~Bookings Open Now~
Ready to book now? Scroll down to claim your spot!
Preventing and Healing from Autistic / ADHD Burnout
Saturday 8 October to Sunday 9 October at Montville Country Cabins, in the glorious Sunshine Coast hinterland.
After our first joy-filled and healing retreat earlier this year, Actually Autistic Care is proud and excited to present our second retreat, a weekend away in a peaceful hideaway.
- Lunch, morning and afternoon tea, refreshments throughout the day (dietary options accommodated).
- All individual and group activities provided by us, as well as choice of activities.
- Specialist physiotherapy education on energy conservation.
- Extension activities for returning retreat participants.
- Sensory and fidget toys for use during sessions.
- A goodie bag from us.
- Support group session.
- A folder of take-home materials.
- Guided mindfulness and meditation activities.
- Arts and crafts materials.
- Pleasurable wanderings through the grounds at your leisure.
All activities are optional, of course. You are in control of your time.
Accommodation is available on site. To ensure you get the accommodation that best serves your needs, book your accommodation directly with the host. Contact them here. (Please note, their online calendar will say it is booked out… that’s because they’re holding space for us! You need to contact them so they can help you book.)
If for some reason you miss out on securing accommodation on site, rest assured you will be able to find an alternative close by.
The aims of our retreat are for you to:
- Contribute to a healing journey for the prevention and recovery of burnout.
- Connect with other autistic / ADHD people in peaceful, calming surrounds, boosting our social esteem and sense of self.
- Enjoy a range of activities to support mindfulness, calmness, empowerment and presence.
- Provide a ‘circuit’ breaker to daily life, thereby assisting with the prevention of burnout.
- Walk away with new ideas for maintaining energy levels.
Your Retreat Host
Josephine Moon (Jo/she/her) has worked as a teacher, an editor, a workshop facilitator (in various healing modalities) and retreat organiser and has been a best-selling author since 2012. She is the Diversity and Inclusion Lead of the AAC Health Group and her particular passion is building the branch of Actually Autistic Care and running retreats. Having experienced no less than four prolonged autistic burnouts in her life, she is passionate about prevention and healing. She is Autistic and ADHD.
Alwyn Blayse (Alwyn/he/him) is a physiotherapist with over 20 years experience in hydrotherapy, rehabilitation, aged care and complex needs. He is currently the CEO of the AAC Health Group, overseeing programs in residential aged care and community work. Alwyn will be joining us at times over the weekend, offering a free physiotherapy consultation for body issues, rehabilitation and/or energy conservation. He is Autistic and ADHD.
Actually Autistic Care Retreat – 8th & 9th October
Super Flash Sale – $395 ($100 off normal rate) until 24th July
Early Bird Rate – $445 ($50 off normal rate) from 25th July – 8th August
Normal Rate – $495 – from 9th August
Bring A Friend Rate – $395 ($100 off normal rate) – Let us know if you referred a friend, and we will issue a refund of balance paid over $395
- 90% of the total paid fee is refunded within 7 working days if cancelled after 8th August and before 8th September
- 75% of the total paid fee is refunded within 7 working days if cancelled after 8th September and before 24th September
- No refund of the total paid fee if cancelled after 24th September
Please select the 8th October on the calendar below.
- You are welcome to this retreat if you are Autistic and/or ADHD. You can be formally or self identified, or even in the process of querying your neurodivergence.
- As this is a retreat with the goal of health at its core, smoking is strictly prohibited, including e-cigarettes and vaping.
- You are welcome to bring your own technological devices but please have them on silent while you are in the company of others.
- This retreat caters to neurodivergent adults but we welcome teenagers who are accompanied by an adult.
- We are sorry to say that at this time we are not able to provide carer support during your stay. This is something we hope to do in the future.
- Our goal is always to be open and willing to understand your specific support or communication needs and to provide these. Please do let us know how we can help you best.
- Accommodation is available on site until they sell out. We recommend you book directly with Montville Country Cabins as soon as possible! Breakfast hampers are available with your accommodation.
- Dinner is not included but Montville Country Cabins have options if you want to eat in or can help you find one of the many restaurants and eateries nearby. You won’t go hungry!